If you’re a creative writer with aspirations of blogging, maybe its time to combine your efforts and launch your very own fictional blog. Fictional journals have become a niche topic in the novel markets, but today’s contemporary times call for something a little different; a fictional blog can be a chronicle, journal, and or just a log of a character you’ve developed. Your audience can tune in to find out more about your character and explore their world from a fresh perspective!
Many writers choose to write a fictional blog as an outlet for character development; it’s easy to understand why blogging can be so valuable. Imagine creating a fan base of your fictional character, and then turning the stories into full-fledged novels. Before you begin with your fictional blog you can take help from google search bot to get you more audiences. This way you will get a huge reader base as you start with your blog.
A fictional blog can set the stage for a brand new opportunity in fiction writing and character development. Let your creative writing skills turn full force with these tips on writing a fictional blog:
- Host on an attractive blog site. Top picks include Typepad.com or Blogger.com. Pick something that complements your character’s personality and style.
- Outline your story. Just as you would map out your storyline for a short story or novel, it’s important that you have some general direction for your blog. Here you’ll need to develop a core plot or theme, basically a story arc about what will happen to your character and the situations and events that will comprise their days.
- Choose a character that speaks to your personality. Remember, you’ll be the one nurturing and developing their role, persona, and general outlook. This is your chance to create something unique to you, and it will be much easier to write with an authentic voice.
- Know your market. Developing readership may involve some research for similar blogs or websites; promoting your blog through different channels (MySpace included), will help you draw the right fan base. You can find out about online communities, blog networks, and fiction enthusiasts on networks such as Google Groups.
- Work on creating a fictional world. Your fictional blog is a window; a window into a world you are creating through the art of storytelling. Use as many writing and visual tools as possible that help you create the image, and let the blog posts flow. Consistency will give you an opportunity to really create the setting for your entire piece.
- Learn to create a strong point of view sequence. This is an essential component of your fiction blog, and will keep your readers absorbed for months and months. This may take time to develop, and depending on your character development skills, it can be challenging. Once you capture this voice it will be much easier to move through each posting with ease.
A fictional blog can be a great outlet to flex those creative muscles! Adopting or creating a character, and then developing their journal and perspective might just be your next opportunity in creative writing.